Saturday, March 24, 2018

Review: A Gambler's Jury

A Gambler's Jury A Gambler's Jury by Victor Methos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As usual Victor Methos never lets you down. This is the second book that I have read and I loved it. Initially I was a bit skeptical after reading the blurb about a mentally challenged boy wrongly accused of drug dealing and a lawyer who is forced to adopt him under strange circumstances, fighting to keep him out of jail. But as the story unfolds, it becomes a larger conspiracy involving the State and turns into a David v/s Goliath kind-of-a-fight, it becomes interesting and you don't want to put the book down.

I loved the character of Danni Rollins the almost drunk lawyer, who has a I-don't-give-a-damn attitude and Will, the rich private investigator who helps Danni in her investigations.

The author's note says that the story is drawn from the author's personal experience as a lawyer. For all ye legal thriller fans, one more author to watch out for.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews