Saturday, May 19, 2018

Review: Confessions

Confessions Confessions by Kanae Minato
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fabulous thriller. I came across this book on Goodreads when I read someone's review. I had read Keigo Higashino's "Devotion of Suspect X". From then on I was hooked to Japanese thrillers which are so underrated as compared to English and American ones.

This is about two students who kill their teacher's daughter and how the teacher exacts revenge on her pupils. With lots of twists in the book, the narrative turns addictive and unpredictable. All the characters are dark and evil. What sets the book different is the plot which is written in the first person account with very few dialogues, in the form of a teacher's lecture or somebody's diary extract.
Thriller fans, enjoy this middle school drama !

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews