Thursday, January 24, 2019

Review: Different Seasons

Different Seasons Different Seasons by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book contains four short stories (well not exactly short). I loved three out of four stories which prompted me to give 3.5 stars.

Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption - This is one of my favourite movies and I loved the plot, although I found the movie far more engrossing. The character Red is actually an Irish guy and I wonder what made Frank Darabont choose Morgan Freeman, an African American. I cannot picture Red as an Irish however much I try to. Morgan Freeman has done a commendable performance in the movie. To make it short, I give the book 5/5.

The Apt Pupil - This was a study of human behaviour in adverse circumstances and describes how a when a perfectly normal person can turn into a raging psychopath. I rate the story 5/5.

The Body - I really could make neither head nor tail of this story and had to really skip the entire tale halfway through. I rate it 1/5.

The Breathing Method - This is a macabre and horrific story and the shortest one in the book. The ending is extremely revolting and equally spooky.

All in all, a fabulous book if you discount the third novella.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews