Saturday, December 2, 2017

Review: McNally's Trial

McNally's Trial McNally's Trial by Lawrence Sanders
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The book was not so good. This is the second or the third Sanders book which I have read all of them are mediocre. In this case, the author has used sarcastic humour which is supposed to entertain the readers. While the idea was novel, the cheeky one-liners in almost every sentence was irritating and getting on my nerves. For e.g., the father is described as paterfamilias, Hizzonner, pater, His Majesty, sir etc....c'mon whats wrong in describing him as a plain old simple father ? A weak plot did not help matters and I wanted to stop reading but kept on going given the self-confessed bibliophile I am. After the first 100 pages, the whole plot became a bit predictable and continued to drag. One more Sanders book on the shelf. I hope it will not be so disappointing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews