Saturday, December 30, 2017

Review: The Racketeer

The Racketeer The Racketeer by John Grisham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rounding off the year with another book in the "Read" shelf from my once-one-of-the-favourite authors who is fast falling off my favourite lists.

I picked up this e-book with great hopes of getting a good courtroom drama, what with the blurb mentioning about a Supreme Court judge being murdered and the protagonist being a lawyer behind bars (the author has introduced a black lawyer as a protagonist). However, my hopes were dashed as I progressed through the book. The plot is about how a lawyer unravels the mystery behind the killing of a Supreme Court judge and his escapades from the FBI and the judicial system. The motive and the plot was surprisingly good but there was a lot to be desired in the way the story has been narrated.

No more Grisham for me for quite some time now. I am almost done with him at least for the next few months unless I come across a really good one. Folks, by the way, you can recommend to me if you come across any of his books published after circa 2016, which are good reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews