Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review: This Was a Man

This Was a Man This Was a Man by Jeffrey Archer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally I have completed the last installment of the Clifton Chronicles. This was much better than the previous book in terms of drama and emotions. The piece about how Lady Virginia Fenwick finally pays for her crookedness was lame and the end to her chapter should have been more wicked. Jessica's and Giles' story ended somewhat predictably. However the climax was highly emotional and moving and Archer's hand shone in the speech Giles gave at Harry's memorial service. Truly exceptional. In the entire series, the characters of Harry and Emma shone throughout. The author also subtly promotes his next project "Heads You Win" in this book. The only thing I have wondered was that if the protagonists were millionaires why were they moving around in cabs and trains in London instead of owning a fleet of cars. At places, I felt the characters or the story became a bit childish but overall, Archer's mastery takes precedence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews