Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Review: Shutter Island

Shutter Island Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The book is absolutely brilliant. Having watched the movie, I could not grasp the finer nuances of the plot. The book gave me a fair idea of what was happening as far as the plot was concerned. Dennis Lehane nails it ! A brilliant narrative and plot !

The plot is about Edward Daniels (Teddy) and Chuck Aule, two US Federal Marshals out to investigate the disappearance of Rachel Solando from a mental institution Ashcliffe on Shutter Island. What turns out is out of the box, unexpected twist in the tale. Initially I could not understand the climax. After some search on the internet I understood what the hell was all this about and it was absolutely shocking. The only reason why it loses one star is because of the dream sequences of Teddy, one too may.

Dennis Lehane is fast turning out to be on top of my favourites list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews