Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Review: The Silk Roads: A New History of the World

The Silk Roads: A New History of the World The Silk Roads: A New History of the World by Peter Frankopan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of the most beautiful history books I have ever read. It was recommended to me by 7Jane (thank you, 7Jane) and in turn I have recommended this to a few other people. What attracted me was the title and the beautifully designed cover. However, the title was a bit of a misnomer when it says that it is a new history of the world.

The book largely concentrates on Europe and the Middle East with a passing reference to other countries. The book is written in a chronological order starting with the Medieval Age and ending in 2000s. The book gives insights into the political landscape of each region and the history behind the major events that have occurred in the world. Each chapter is divided into different historical periods and each such chapter has small nuggets of information which was absolutely delightful to read.

The author has done a wonderful job putting together such a well researched tome. However, this is not an in-depth research into the history of the world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Martian

The Martian by Andy Weir My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews